Translate

Thursday, February 4, 2016

RELIGIOUS PANDERING TO THE PEW  BY STEVE FINNELL

Is telling church members what they want hear God's desire for preachers? Is preachers pandering to the pew the avenue to a healthy and growing church?

2 Timothy 4:2-5 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth....

Questioner: Do you know that there are church members who also belong to the pagan cult of Freemasonry?

Pandering Preacher: Yes, I know that, however,  I will not preach against it because I might lose my preaching position.

Questioner: Do you know that we have church members who are living together and not married? Do you know that adultery is being practiced in the church? Do you know that there are homosexual couples among the church members? Do you know that there are members who are pedophiles in our congregation?

Pandering Preacher: Yes, I know all of that, however, we just need to show them God's love. I was not called to condemn anyone.

Questioner: Did you know that there are several drunkards who are members of this church?

Pandering Preacher: Yes, I know that, however, they are all tithers, and they might take their money and leave if I preach against drinking alcohol. If they have a drinking problem they need to go Alcoholics Anonymous. That is not a concern of the church.

Questioner: Did you know that the apostle Paul said that church members you continue as fornicators, as idolaters, as adulterers, as homosexuals, as sodomites, as thieves, as converters, as drunkards, as revilers, as extortioners will not inherit the kingdom of God? (1 Corinthians 6:1-11)

Pandering Preacher: Yes, I know the apostle said that, but that is just his opinion. I do not believe it, at all. After all we are all guilty of sin. We need to simply love those in error and hope that they repent. I will never preach that unrepentant Christians will spend eternity in hell.

WHAT DID JESUS SAY ABOUT LOVE?

John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.(NKJV)

John 15:10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.(NKJV)

Questioner: Jesus said He that believes and is baptize shall be save.(Mark 16:16) Can men reject water baptism for the forgiveness of sins and still remain in the love of Jesus?

Pandering Preacher: I will not become some Bible thumping preacher. We all know the Bible is filled with errors. If I preached every word of the Bible as truth I would be fired from my position.

Pander preachers only offend those who love the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be posted