Translate

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

ORIGINAL SIN PROOF-TEXT by steve finnell


The original proof-text for original sin is Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. (NASB)

Was David a sinner at conception? No. Was David  guilty of sin at his birth? No. David was a sinner only after he broke God's commandments.

Psalm 51: 1 Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; According to your compassion blot out my transgressions. (NASB)

David asked God to blot out his transgressions. David did not asked God to blot out the guilt that he inherited from Adam. He did not ask God to block out the guilt of sins that he inherited from his mother and father.

Psalm 51:2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity And cleanse me from my sin. (NKJV)

David wanted to be cleansed from his sin. David did not ask God to cleanse him from original sin.

Psalm 51:3 For I know my transgressions, And my sin is ever before me. (NASB)

David did not transgress one of God's laws by being conceived. David did not commit sin by being born.

Psalm 51:4 Against You, You only, I have sinned And done what is evil in Your sight, So that You are justified when You speak And blameless when You judge. (NKJV)

David did not do evil by being conceived and being born.

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. (NASB)

David was conceived in a sinful world. David was born into a world filled with sinner's. David was not guilty of the false teaching of original sin.


Psalms 139:13-14 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. 14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and  wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. (NASB)

God formed David in his mothers womb. God did not create David guilty of Adam's sin nor guilty of anyones sin. God does not create sin. How could a sinner be wonderfully made?

Genesis 1:27 God created man in His own image , in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (NASB)

God created David in His own image. Is God's image that of a sinner? David was created innocent of sin just like every person that God creates today. All men are created in God's image.

Mark 10:14 ..."Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. (NASB)

Jesus said the kingdom of God belongs to children. Did Jesus mean the kingdom belongs to dirty little sinners who were guilty of Adam's sin at conception. Did Jesus mean that children who were sinners at birth belong in God's kingdom.
If the false doctrine of original sin is true how did these children have their sins wash away. Jesus gave this command after His death. Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved...). Small children and infants are not guilty of sin.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,(NASB)

Men will go hell because of the unforgiven sins they commit. Men will not go to hell because they were sinners at conception. Men will not go to hell because they were sinners at their birth.
Men will not go to hell because they are guilty of Adam's sin.
 Men will not go to hell because they are guilty of a false sin.
The doctrine of original sin is a false doctrine invented by man and perpetuated by the uninformed.

There is no Scripture in the Bible that mentions anyone asking to be forgiven of original sin. Why? Because we are not responsible for the sins of others.    

       



      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be posted